The Walzwerk ASCARI 1000 CR was built based on a Ducati Sport 1000 in a limited edition of 11. Of these, only the frame and engine remained, however even these two remaining components were strongly modified. The goal of this design was to keep the overall weight as low as possible and optimize the engine for terms of performance so that the reliability and practicality do not suffer.
Let’s start with the chassis. As mentioned above, the frame at the rear was changed massively. The battery tray from behind the engine was cut out. The battery is now located in the old-school cafe-racer tail section. The Ohlins forks from a Ducati 999R were used, they were also equipped with the Brembo mono block from a Ducati 1098R. Ohlins also built the single-shock rear for this project.
The custom molded magnesium PVM wheels, front in the size of 3.5″x 17″ and rear 6.25″x 17″ helped reduce weight further. Pirelli Dragon Super Corsas provide the necessary grip. To complete the “rolling chassis” now the light blue frame and swingarm were powder coated in black gloss .
For the engine Walzwerk assembled a set of cams and control unit from the Ducati Performance Program. A 500 grams lighter aluminum flywheel replaced the original 1800 grams heavy steel one. Reducing the weight of the flywheel by 1.3 kg, thus the inertia of the motor is reduced significantly, which is noticeably apparent in the maneuverability and aggressiveness of the throttle response.
The exhaust system, with the exception of the pots is a one of a kind. It was painstakingly made sure that the tube length from the front and rear cylinder, were absolutely the same length. There are various carbon fiber components around the engine for functional and esthetic purposes. This beast offer around 110HP with a curb weight of just over 150kg of driving pleasure.
List of Modifications:
- Frame modified and powder coated gloss black
- Ohlins forks, revised and provided with appropriate train-and compression package
- Ohlins mono-shock, custom-made by Ohlins (not the standard part Paul Smart)
- Rolling Mill Fork Bridge “Super Leggera” black anodized
- Gilles Vario-bar, adjustable handlebars, black anodized
- Mill exhaust, handmade unique piece of V2A with equal length manifold pipes
- Brembo radial clutch pump 16RCS, fully adjustable
- Brembo radial brake pump 19RCS, fully adjustable
- Brembo monobloc front brake calipers
- PVM Y-forged wheels, front 3.5″x 17″, rear 6.25″x 17″, black anodized
- Tires: Pirelli Dragon Super Corsa, 120/70-ZR17 front, rear 190/50-ZR17
- Braking Wave discs front and rear
- MPL clutch slave cylinder, anodised silver
- LSL foot pegs, anodized silver
- Rizoma Clutch Pressure Plate, gold anodized
- Rolling Mill Cafe Racer rear, GFK Custom Made
- Mill seat, Alcantara racing-related
- Mill plate holder
- Mini indicators front and rear
- LED tail light
- V-Rod headlight with a special bracket
- Motogadget digital speedometer with tachometer
- Carbon front fender
- Carbon Belt Cover
- Carbon SBK Clutch Cover
- Carbon Sprocket Cover
- NCR titanium shock absorber bolts
- Rizoma brake reservoir front and rear, black anodized
- Ergal sprockets, hard-anodized
- STM engine exhaust, anodized gold
- Rizoma bar end
- Hypermotard oil line kit and fittings
- MPL frame plugs, silver anodised
- Mill-ignition cover
- Special paint Ducati Rosso with white racing stripes and 8 coats of clear varnish!
Via Walzwerk Racing