This latest build by Motovation of Austin, Texas, still smells of fresh paint, fresh rubber and that specific hot metal brand new exhaust. Motovation is one of the premium parts distributor in the US, which also specializes in Ducati. They figured the best way to showcase an entire line of bike specific parts is to put all that’s available for that particular model into a build. Behold the Ducati Multistrada 1200 S Tricolore by Motovation. As Roland puts it – “Add a dash of touring and a whole lot of torque, and you find yourself with an Italian Adventure Weapon! ” The first year Ducati made this beast available to the public, it sold 10,000 units. Ducati has yet to release a Tricolore factory edition of the MTS1200, however they do offer the famed Tricolore edition for several other applications . Motovation decided to take this amazing machine, turn it into a truly custom build and offer the Ducati community a glimpse at what a factory Multistrada 1200 could look like.
The Multistrada 1200 is a motorcycle manufactured since 2010. The engine is a retuned version of the Testastretta from the 1198 superbike, now called the Testastretta 11° for its 11° valve overlap (reduced from 41°). All models include throttle by wire, selectable engine mapping (full power with sensitive or relaxed throttle response, and reduced power with relaxed throttle response) and traction control adjustable through eight levels, called DTC (Ducati Traction Control). The bike comes in three equipment levels, the base, the S-Sport and the S-Touring. The S models include ABS (optional on standard model) and electronically adjustable suspension, called DES (Ducati Electronic Suspension). The S Sport model features carbon fiber air intakes, cam belt covers and rear hugger, while the S Touring model comes with heated grips, hard luggage and a center stand.
The Ducati Multistrada 1200 is an all around animal ready for anything you throw at it. This bike feels at home on urban roads, potholes, dirt roads, gravel, even race tracks. Don’t let the optional luggage fool you, this bike has got what it takes to put a smile on your face and make your heart skip a beat. According to the Motovation team, it was extremely difficult to customize this new Multistrada 1200. How do you improve a motorcycle that is perfect from factory without taking away from all the key things that makes this bike so special and beautiful in the first place. They wanted to keep the design current but also enduring so they decided to emulate the new ‘Tricolore’ paint scheme that they saw in Milan, during the Panigale unveiling in 2011.
Ho do you complement the design of a perfectly designed bike??? With a custom paint job from Southern Metal Customs, with top shelf components from Rizoma and carbon fiber parts from CDT and Shift Tech. They decided to use the Leo Vince cat eliminator midpipe to shed some weight and gain some power. The Termignoni slipon was the perfect choice for looks and sound. Redline performance did a custom ECU re-flash and the result was smooth power delivery from idle with no stumbling or surging with midrange torque that brings an instant smile to your face. The list goes on with an incredible amount of quality parts. Check out the list of modifications below and the gallery for the rest of the pictures.
List of modifications:
- 2010 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S
- Custom Paint by Southern Metal Customs, designed by Motovation.
- Motovation Custom Grab Rail Removal
- Redline Performance Custom ECU ReflashMotovation Ducati Corse Wheel Stripes
- Ducati Performance Termignoni Carbon Slip On
- Ducati Performance License Plate Relocator w/integrated turn signals
- EVR Clutch Slave Cylinder
- LeoVince Cat Eliminator Midpipe
- DNA Race Air Filter
- Puig ‘Sport’ Smoked Screen
- Luimoto Custom Team Italia Seat Cover
- Ballistic 12 Cell Lithium Battery
- Rizoma Multistrada 1200 Handlebar Clamp
- Rizoma Flush Mounted Barends
- Rizoma Frame Sliders
- Rizoma Fork Sliders
- Rizoma Rear Axle Sliders
- Rizoma Adjustable Folding levers
- Rizoma ‘Limit’ Naked Mirrors
- Rizoma Mirror Adapters
- Rizoma ‘Lux’ Billet Grips
- Rizoma ‘Next’ Billet Fluid Reservoirs
- Rizoma Billet Oil Filler Cap
- Rizoma Billet Sprocket Cover
- Rizoma Touring Pegs (front and passenger)
- Rizoma Billet Lower Timing Belt Cover
- Rizoma Waterpump Slider Kit
- Cox Radiator Guard
- Cox Chain Guard
- Cox Oil Cooler Guard
- CDT Carbon Front Fender
- CDT Carbon Swing Arm Protector
- CDT Carbon Air Deflectors
- Shift-Tech Carbon Nose Intakes